Blame it on Minnie Mouse’s speckled skirt or Comme des Garcons’ consistently dot-heavy collections, but circle prints have popped back into the, er, spotlight this fall.
“They’re chic,” says stylist Lauren Rothman of Styleauteur.com. “They’re understated but still serve as a pop with basics.” Wear the pattern head-to-toe for a dizzying effect, at the end of your arm by way of a clutch or on your feet via flats or pumps. Whatever your choice, you’ll look spot-on.
• Dress: Yoana Baraschi silk, retro-inspired asymmetrical hemline dress with bow detail ($330, from the Proper Topper boutique in Washington; 202-842-3055).
• Sweater: Alice and Olivia sequin-accented, long-sleeved sweater, white with big black dots ($297, at www.aliceandolivia.com).
• Shoes: Kate Spade kitten heels ($298, Simply Soles stores or Simplysoles.com).
• Handbag: Invitation clutch in dot, shown without removable chain strap ($158, JCrew.com).
• Scarf: Chan Luu cashmere- and modal-blend scarf ($149, at www.chanluu.com).
• Tablet Case: Plenty by Tracy Reese iPad case ($68, Anthropologie.com).
• Notecards: Red and white blank note cards with envelopes ($10 for 10, from the Paper Source in Washington; 202-298-5545).